Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Hello! :D Sorry I haven't posted in a while... I've been sorta busy with karate, practicing for the ACT, and a lot of other stuff. 
 Good news! I took a practice ACT test on Monday and I got a 33!!!! :D (for those of you who are unfamiliar with the ACT, the highest score you can get is a 36.) 
That was one point higher than my last practice test, and last time I got a point higher than the time before, so I'm hoping that when I take my last practice one, and then finally the real one, I can get a 35 or maybe even a 36! :D Maybe that's a bit optimistic... but attitude is key! >;D

KoalaLove2013, I will have your signatures done THIS WEEK! I'm sooo sorry it's taken me soo long!! D: But They're going to be really pretty when they're done! ^.^ 

Anywho, you're probably wondering why the title of this post is "Chocolate Chip Cookies", am I right? 

Well, here's why! :D 

Recipe for egg-free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes about 20 cookies

Ingredients:
  • 10 Tablespoons of butter 
  • 1 cup of sugar 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  •  1/4 cup applesauce
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
  •  1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
~In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light in color. This should take around 2 minutes in a mixer, or 5 if you are doing it by hand. 
~Add the vanilla and applesauce, and mix until fully incorporated. 
~In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Make sure you do it really well, or you'll have salty spots in your cookies! 
~Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring well. 
~Once fully mixed, add the oats and the chocolate chips.
~Preheat your oven to 350F (175C) 
~Scoop into balls that are about the size of a ping-pong ball, and bake for 8 1/2 minutes. 

**The cookies will NOT look done, but let them cool on the hot tray for about 5 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack. THEY WILL BE MUSHY but...Once they are completely cooled, you will have perfectly soft cookies! ^.^ You may have to adjust the baking time according to your oven.**
  
**You can also eat as much of the cookie dough as you want (or as your parents will let you, haha) because there are no eggs in it! :D so no worries about salmonella or anything like that! ;)**
 
Hope you enjoy! this is the recipe we use every time we make cookies, and it's GREAT! :D
We made them today, and so I just felt like sharing the recipe with you guys! ^.^  You'll probably want to double the batch, because they are really yummy! XD

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Hey guys! Thanks for reading my blog today! Please be honest with your comments. I won't know how to make my blog better if nobody says how I could improve it. :) I love to hear how great my blog is, but if you DON'T like it, tell me so i can know WHY. :)
Thanks so much!
-Duchess

Click Here

Click Here
My Book
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...